||Understanding the basic physical concepts and relations. Developing analytical and quantitative approach solving problems.
|Content (Course curriculum)
||Intermolecular scatering. Equation of state.Laws of thermodynamics. Thermodynamic potentials. Systems with changeable number of the particles. Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution. Phase space. Understanding of the second law of thermodynamics. Equipartition theorem. Barometric equation. Thermal properties of the ideal gas. Explanation of the third law of thermodynamics. Negative temperature. Black body radiation. Elastic vibrations in crystalline solids. Bose-Einstein and Fermi-Dirac functions of distribution. Limes of the classical statistical physics. Strongly degenerated fermi systems. Bose-Einstein condensation.
- Šips, V. Uvod u statističku fiziku, Školska knjiga, Zagreb, 1990.
- Lenac, Z., Šips, V. Zadaci iz statističke fizike I, Liber, Zagreb, 1980.
- Lenac, Z., Šips, V. Zadaci iz statističke fizike II, Liber, Zagreb, 1981.
- I.Supek, Teorijska fizika i struktura materije, Školska knjiga, Zagreb, 1974.
- Mandl, F. Statistical Physics, John Wiley & Sons, 1988.
||Lectures and excercises
||Oral and written exam, and two exams during semester. Students who pass both exams during the semester are exempted from the written part of the exam in the winter examination period. To make the final score was positive, both,oral and written examination must be positive. To access the exam, students must be present in 50% of exercises and lectures.
|Quality control and successfulness follow up