Mislav Mustapić, assistant professor
Department of Physics
University Josip Juraj Strossmayer in Osijek
Trg Ljudevita Gaja 6
Supervision and managing of small research laboratory including purchasing of consumables and monitoring stock levels. Synthesis of different metallic nanoparticles by wet technique, mostly boride based compounds such as NiCoB, core-shell structures as a NiCoB/SiO2, NiCoB/C, and oxides Fe2O3, Fe3O4, CoFe2O4, NiCo2O4, CuFe2O4 or elementary metals, e.g. Ag or Ag coated with graphene oxide. Preparation of nanoporous materials (Fe3O4).
Synthesis of magnetic nanoparticles for drug delivery applications. Preparation and modification liposomes, proteins (Large-conductance mechanosensitive channel). Developing efficient drug delivery system with magnetic nanoparticles and liposomes. Patch-clamp technique.
- Doctor of Philosophy: Institute for Superconducting and Electronic Materials, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia, Thesis Title: “Enhancement of MgB2 Superconductor by Magnetic Nanoparticle Doping”, 06.06.2013.
- Master of Chemistry: University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia, Master Thesis Title: “Magnetic nanoparticles Fe2B, Fe-Co-B, Ni-Co-B”, 2010. (Completed as off-shore student of UOW)
- Master of Physics: University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia, Master Thesis Title: “Chemical aspect’s interactivity of Sun irradiation and Earth atmosphere”, 2008.
- UKF 1B No.01/07 (2008-2010)
- 2014 AIIM for Gold Grant; University of Wollongong (2014-2015): project leader
- NanoFlavNeuroProtect (2016-2021)
- UNIOS ZUP (2018-2020): project leader
Teaching activities in academic year 2020./21.
- Electrodynamics I
- Electrodynamics II
Previous teaching experiences:
Subjects taught at other institutions
Elementary physics (FACULTY OF FOOD TECHNOLOGY, University of Osijek)