UNDERGRADUATE STUDY OF PHYSICS
Title of the study: Undergraduate Study of Physics
Study holder: Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek
Performer of the study programme: The Department of Physics
Duration of the study: Three years (6 semesters)
ECTS credits: The proposed undergraduate study programme proposes a minimum of 180 ECTS credits.
Candidates, who have completed a four-year secondary school and passed the final state examination according to current conditions and procedures and in accordance with the Law, can enroll in the Undergraduate Study of Physics.
Upon completion of the proposed study programe the candidate will develop following competencies:
Upon completion of the proposed study program the candidate will be able:
- To apply the concepts and laws of mechanics, heat, electricity, magnetism and optics to solve various numerical and / or conceptual problems.
- To perform accurate measurements and display the results in tables and graphs.
- To process statistically and interpret the results within the context of applied physical laws and evaluate the causal relationships with the given contents.
- To apply basic concepts of theoretical (classical mechanics, electrodynamics) and modern physics (statistical physics, condensed matter physics, quantum mechanics) in solving various numerical and / or conceptual problems.
- To define, describe and evaluate the basic concepts of analysis and data processing, programming, architecture and organization of computers, databases, algorithms and data structures.
- To apply the basic tools of web design and web programming in the area of personal work.
- To highlight the impact of physics and computer science in the development of science and technology
POSSIBILITIES OF CONTINUING THE STUDY
Bachelors can continue their studies at the teaching Graduate Study of Physics and Computer Science at the Department of Physics, University of Osijek, or some other graduate programme in the Republic of Croatia after passing necessary exams.
PROFESSIONAL OR ACADEMIC TITLE AWARDED UPON COMPLETION OF STUDIES
Bachelor of Physics