Open Call for Short Term Scientific Missions (October 1, 2019 – April 30, 2020)
the COST Action CA16214 “PHAROS: The multi-messenger physics and astrophysics of neutron
stars” is opening a new call for applications for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) for
the period of 01/10/2019 – 30/04/2020 .
Short Term Scientific Mission grants might support (see the COST Vademecum pag. 34 for more
– Visits of scientists (students and staff) from any PHAROS full member country to any other
PHAROS full member country, as well as to Near Neighbour and International affiliated
– Visits of scientists (students and staff) from Near Neighbour affiliated institutions to
PHAROS full member countries.
– Duration lengths from a minimum of 5 days.
– Support can be given for up to 160 euros per day, and a maximum of 3500 (with maximum
travel cost of 300 euros)
– Detailed info on the PHAROS scientific topics can be found in the MoU:
– Detailed financial rules can be found in the COST Vademecum: www.cost.eu/VADEMECUM
– A list of countries and institutions currently participating in PHAROS can be found
How to apply:
1) register to e-cost (if you do not have an account yet):
2) fill in the following link: https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm
3) after completion please send a notification email to email@example.com with the
We will collect applications until July 30th, 2019, and let you know within a few weeks if
we can accept your request for funding. Priority will be given to students and early career
researchers. Young researchers from ITC countries
(http://www.cost.eu/about_cost/strategy/excellence-inclusiveness) are particularly
encouraged to apply.
More info can be found in our Website: http://www-pharos.ice.csic.es/
Isaac Vidana (STSM coordinator), Nanda Rea (Chair) and Bryn Haskell (Vice-Chair) for the
PHAROS Management Committee
P.S. For future information on New Calls and Activities please sign-up to the pharos
Dr. Nanda Rea
Institute of Space Sciences (ICE; CSIC-IEEC), Barcelona, ES